Working with Linstone Housing Association, A.C. Whyte were appointed as Main Contractor successfully delivered a programme of roof and render works to 27 4-in-a-blocks within the Sandyflats area of Johnstone, all of which were of cavity construction.
- Remedial works to existing substrate scrim reinforcing base coat, polymer dash receiver complete with dry aggregate finish
- Install bespoke aluminium oversills.
- Cleaned, prepared and painted concrete projections, canopies and the like with masonry paint.
- Roofing – Stripped roof back to the plywood and installed new Russell Highland Tile complete with accessories
- Stripped existing fascia/soffit and replace with Homeline UPVc
- Existing rainwater and soil pipes removed and replaced with new Marley UPVC downpipes
- Removal and reinstatement of utilities such as, TV Aerials, Satellite Dishes, External Light, BT Cables
- Handrails were removed, altered and reinstatement by our term blacksmith
Community Benefits: As part of our community benefits plan for Linstone Housing Association, we prepared, rendered and re-painted the external walls of the “usave Sandyflats foodstore” on Bute Drive, Johnston. We also painted the remainder of the store white, removed the barbed wire and replaced with metal sheeting and installed new handrails at the front of the shop to provide a quality finish. The purpose of having the wall rendered was to allow for an artist to design and paint a mural onto a clean, fresh surface with the aim of bringing some life into the community.