Working with East Ayrshire Council, A.C. Whyte & Co Ltd was appointed as Main Contractor to deliver a programme of roof and render works to 490 cavity construction properties across the Logan, Dalrymple and Kilmaurs areas of East Ayrshire.
Throughout this time, we have built and nurtured our working relationship with the East Ayrshire Council team and due to successful contract delivery, we are currently working to deliver a £2.6m programme of roof and render works to a further 240 properties, within Mauchline and Patna, due to be complete in the Spring of 2022.
- Roofs were replaced as part of the works, with Russell Grampian tiles.
- Remedial works to existing substrate
- Scrim reinforcing base coat, polymer dash receiver complete with dry/smooth aggregate finish
- Smooth render reveals
- Gas safety checks carried out before and after the works to ensure it remained fully operational and safe
- Removal and replacement of all gutters and downpipes
- Existing downpipes were changed to run externally
- Asbestos was identified and sampling analysis was carried out in line with asbestos survey report and removed by an approved licensed subcontractor
- New drainage runs installed connecting to existing sewage lines replacing grassed, paved & tarmac paths
- Carried out a dilapidation survey to each property, internally and externally
- Utilised the local supply chain across all 3 areas and worked with local companies ‘The Zone Initiative’ and ‘CVO East Ayrshire’ where every resident was offered to have grass cutting, hedge trimming, white goods uplift etc, this allowed for a cleaner, tidier finish.
The team at A.C. Whyte could not have been nicer, courteous, polite or more professional. They are a real credit to your company. For anyone passing by, my home looks incredible and is a great advert to showcase the quality of the work carried out. I was well impressed, thank you again. – Mrs Breckenidge, Kilmaurs Resident