A.C. Whyte successfully delivered a programme of external wall insulation works to 771 properties in the Abronhill area of Cumbernauld. The properties were no fines construction, comprising a mix of mid and end terraced houses and three storey blocks of flats. Together North Lanarkshire Council and A.C. Whyte worked hard to secure the right blend of funding utilising the HEEPS and ECO funding streams which delivered a true area based approach. A.C. Whyte sourced, secured and fully managed the ECO funding throughout all phases.
A.C. Whyte’s attention to detail has been exemplary from the initial project planning stage through to detailed customer engagement exercises, which has resulted in full sign-up for project works, and the physical works which are delivered professionally and effectively. David Hadden, North Lanarkshire Council.
- New insulated render system fitted to no-fines concrete blocks
- Existing services extended or removed from the building and temporarily relocated then refitted upon completion
- Gas safety checks carried out before and after the works to ensure it remains fully operational and safe
- Existing downpipes removed and replaced with new UPVC downpipes
- Existing walls prepared to receive new insulated render system comprising 90mm EPS board with a dry dash finish
- New aluminium overcills, eaves and verge trim fitted
- Mastic pointing to window and door reveals
- Existing fencing, handrails and the likes altered to suit new insulated render system
System: 60mm Phenolic Alumasc Swisslab EWI System