A.C. Whyte & Co. Ltd was involved in the substantial refurbishment of high rise properties at 118, 120, 122 Eastwood Avenue & 1265 Pollokshaws Road, Pollokshaws. The blocks consist of 47 maisonette/ flatted properties. Central to the transformation was the external re-cladding of the building with a high specification insulated render system finished with an aesthetically pleasing smooth silkolitt silicone render finish.
The location of 1265 Pollockshaws Road, situated on a particularly busy main road, required a tailored site set up. The properties and shops are accessed through a two storey car park, which is located directly below, this remained open throughout the works. Organised planning and attention to detail were vital in ensuring both the general public and the residents could go about their business safely and uninterrupted during the works. More information relating to this project can be found here:
- Striped existing UPVC panels, reinstated timber frame, installed plywood to frame and staple breather membrane to plywood
- Wet and dry fix 60mm phenolic board to existing precast concrete panels and plywood, applied a reinforcing alkali resistant fibre glass mesh coat and finished with Silkolitt silicone render in various colours
- Dry fix 60mm phenolic board to car park ceiling and finish with smooth render
- New aluminium powder coated flashings fitted to suit insulated render system
- Box in gas pipes with UPVC covers
System: Alumasc Swisslab External Wall Insulation System