Recently handpicked by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the most dynamic and fastest growing SMEs to inspire Britain, A.C. Whyte and Co. Ltd have ambitious plans for the future and are actively seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor, who will play a vital role in growing the Commercial Team and new section of the business.
We are renowned and trusted within the construction industry with over 47 years’ experience. We are a fast paced, diverse, family business, every member of the team is integral in delivering our award-winning service with a ‘Quality as Standard’ ethos. We recognise talent and actively encourage personal development with no limitation on training opportunities. Our ambitious plans for future growth ensure there is a clear route of progression for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who is looking to advance their career.
The successful candidate for this role is looking for an exciting opportunity and the next stage in their career, displaying the knowledge and skills to support both the growth and development of the wider Commercial team whilst working closely alongside the Commercial Manager in developing the sustainable growth of the business. You will play an integral role in the nurturing and mentoring of Trainee Quantity Surveyors within the team taking an active role in their development and career progression.
You will lead on a variety of projects from inception to completion taking full ownership of all commercial aspects, minimising any risks whilst enhancing viability and exceeding our contractual obligations to our clients. The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal and relationship building skills and be able to demonstrate this across multiple platforms, working closely with key stakeholders within the business and developing client relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare tender and pre contract reconciliation
- Negotiating, selection and appointment of sub-contractors, evaluating monthly, verifying and processing for payment
- Management of contractual matters relating to projects
- Procurement and cost control of pricing for all components required for the project
- Continually analyse commercial opportunities within the project
- Prepare monthly valuations and final accounts
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders throughout the projects
- Data analysis of projects to review learnings and opportunities moving forward
- Post contract reconciliation and feed back into the estimating team
- Manage Client relationship pre and post project
- Mentoring of Trainee Quantity Surveyors identifying and supporting development needs
- 3+ years’ experience
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Ability to contribute and make astute commercial decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with client facing experience and wider team
- Driven individual with strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload effectively
- Construction background is preferrable
- Energy Efficiency experience is a bonus
- Competitive salary package
- Bonus Scheme
- Industry leading benefits package
- Personal development opportunities for career growth with a rare opportunity to assist in the development and expansion of the business
If you would love to be part of our A.C. Whyte family, please APPLY now by sending an copy of your CV to Head Of HR, Stephanie at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon. A.C. Whyte is an equal opportunities employer you have the drive and passion to succeed, then we would love to hear from you.