On this project A.C. Whyte worked in partnership with the Energy Agency and South Ayrshire Council to deliver external wall insulation to 173 properties comprising a mix of social and private housing. The works were carried out to flats in Kings Court, Limonds Wynd, Russell Drive and Philip Square in Wallacetoun, Ayr. The properties were tired and in need of rejuvination, the main focus of the project was to improve the energy efficiency and regenerate the area. This project provided A.C. Whyte with the perfect opportunity to collaborate with both parties to deliver a true area based approach.
A. C. Whyte & Co. Ltd have delivered on budget, and with favourable weather conditions, they achieved practical completion four weeks earlier than programmed. The quality of workmanship has impressed our organisation, the Local Authority and residents alike with exceptional comments from all parties including local political interests. Liz Marquis, Energy Agency.
- Carried out a Borescope analysis
- Alumasc Swisslab Insulation System comprising grey EPS insulation board with dashing render finish to existing facing brick walls at gables and returns
- Treatment/aesthetic improvement to all balconies including concrete repairs and masonry painting to same throughout
- New balcony railings
- Replacement of single glazing to upvc double glazing within the closes of Kings Ct
- Clean & paint close windows throughout contract which were not replaced with double glazing.
- Replacement of fascia & soffits – stripped and renewed in white UPVC
- Guttering & downpipes throughout to suit new cladding system
- External areas not currently rendered (i.e. the external of the closes) had an overcoat render to match/contrast with main block.
- Structural repairs at close returns
- Replace concrete lintols where required
- Paint close entrance doors
- Gas safety checks pre and post works, extend gas flues
System: Alumasc Swisslab Insulation System comprising grey EPS insulation board with dashing render finish to existing rendered walls front & rear