Working with Sanctuary Cumbernauld, A. C. Whyte & Co. Ltd was employed as Main Contractor for the refurbishment of numerous properties throughout the Cumbernauld area. The properties consisted of a mix of end and mid terraced, semi detached houses as well as flatted accomodation.
A.C. Whyte provided excellent customer focused service to Sanctuary Cumbernauld and worked well within the team framework. Louise Rimmer, Sanctuary Cumbernauld
- Re-roofing tiled covered roofs with Britmet Slate 2000 Lightweight Tiles.
- Re-roofing flat roofs with Marley Waterproofing Warmroof Woodwool Slab Deck flat roofing system incorporating a 50mm phenolic board.
- Asbestos removed from roofs and eaves and disposed of off-site.
- Existing fascias and soffits stripped and replaced with white UPVC.
- New leadwork to flashings, valleys and owner occupier joints.
- Gas safety checks carried out on each property prior to the works commencing and after the works are complete to ensure that the gas flue was not disturbed in any way.
- Overflow pipes, pressure relief valves and external taps extended to suit the new render system.
- Existing walls prepared to allow re-roughcast works using polymer dashing render, comprising reinforcing alkali resistant fibre glass mesh coat and finished with a dashing render complete with dry dash aggregate.
- Existing underbuildings prepared to receive a silicone impregnated render finish.
- New gutters, rainwater and foul drainage systems installed to suit new render system.
- New powder coated aluminium overcills installed to existing windows to suit new render system.
- Mastic pointing applied to all window and door reveals to fill all voids.
- Masonry paint applied to all smooth finishes including underbuilding and window and door reveals. Gloss paint applied to all soil and waste pipes and all timber doors and frames as required.
System: Alumasc Polymer Dashing Render System